Friday, May 20, 2011

Small Iris.  Watercolor Scherenschnitte, 8" x 10"

I thought now would be a good time to start digging through my old portfolios to see what all I had out there.  I cant believe how many paintings I have stashed away.  I just paint and paint and tuck them away into the dark cavern of my garage. I am not sure why I do that, except that I just love the process of painting.  Here is an early example from my scherenschnitte phase from 2007.  I discovered this long lost style of colonial folk art when I was researching for a class I was teaching on silhouette cutting.  I will tell you more about it in a later blog.  For now just know that the color part of the painting is watercolor paper, which I cut very carefully with a knife and then mounted onto black mat board.  The black parts that you see is the mat board.  It is for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment