Thursday, February 8, 2024

 


    

 "Nettie's Leaf" 8 x 10" pastel on velour 2024

I have not drawn in the past few years thanks to a long healing broken arm followed by a car accident which messed up a pre existing condition in my lower back. I am being treated for that now. I went to my childhood home last fall and brought art supplies with me, hoping to get working again.
I did a series of pieces over the 2 and a half months I was home assisting my siblings taking care of Dad. This is one of the first ones I did. I grabbed an interesting leaf from the front yard and a precut piece of velour paper. I simply held the leaf in my hand while I drew it from life. It got me excited to work again despite my painter's block, depression and aches. I will be posting my works from Ohio throughout the next few weeks. Now I am in the studio every day, working full time. I was starving to create.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! And enjoy Every Step💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Emily! Daily is great and give yourself grace to skip days as the spirit leads you

    ReplyDelete