Thursday, June 25, 2020

Is it greedy for artists to have a patron?


  1. So Is 'Mona Lisa' Smiling? A New Study Says Yes | Smart News ...

Is it greedy for me to have a patron in order to make better art?

No, it is totally normal.  Read below to hear why..

I finally did it.  I am asking for patrons so that I can keep making art full time.  The Patreon site is cool because you can donate as little as $3 per month up to $50 per month and cancel any time.  I have 5 tiers with various prices and give aways.  Some of the things I will be giving away will be free classes, 30% off of all original work and free pet or people portraits.  I'll also be giving away signed and numbered giclee prints and all sorts of other really cool stuff.

Is it greedy to ask for patrons you ask?  Traditionally all artists had patrons.   Michaelangelo, Davinci, even van Gogh had popes, friends and family financially support them.  If not they would have needed to get a day job flipping burgers at some Renaissance marketplace.  After working 8 or more hours a day there is no way that Davinci would have been able to create the "Mona Lisa" It is extremely rare for an artist today to have this privilege. We are expected to have a day job then paint on our day off.

I have always been able to find art related jobs as I have mentioned in past blogs, but I know that if I were to go out and do that again that I would have to give up my dream.  I work at least 8 or more hours a day on my art during my quarantine unless I am sick or have a family thing.  I am just not willing to give that up, although lately I have given it serious thought. I have lost my entire income with the Covid19.

In years past I sketched profiles from life in about 10 minutes to buy the groceries.  When my body gave out I switched to teaching painting parties.  Both of those things seriously slowed the real art down.  The quarantine forced me to see what I should have been doing all along.  I should have been making art, teaching to serious students, studying and all of the other many things that go along with being an artist.

So please, if you have some spare change laying around become one of my patrons through Patreon.  I promise to give you services or products that far exceed your donation amount.  If you don't you will see me cashiering at the dollar store soon.

Here is my Patreon link.  Please tell me what you think?
https://www.patreon.com/Emilychristoff

1 comment:

  1. ¿Dónde conseguir un préstamo confiable?

    Conseguir una compañía de crédito legítima siempre ha sido un gran problema. A clientes que tienen problemas económicos y necesitan una solución. El tema del crédito y los pagos anticipados es algo de lo que los clientes siempre se preocupan cuando buscan un préstamo de un prestamista legítimo. Sin embargo, hemos hecho esta diferencia en la industria de préstamos con la firma HILLTOP FINANCE. (hilltopfinancefirm@gmail.com)

    ¿Por qué debería obtener un préstamo de HILLTOP?

    Aquí en HILLTOP nos esforzamos por ser la mejor compañía de préstamos en línea con respecto a nuestros servicios y satisfacción del cliente. Ofrecemos préstamos sin garantía al 90% de nuestros solicitantes.
    - a una tasa de interés tan baja como 3%
    - sin requisito de solvencia crediticia
    - se requiere muy poco papeleo
    - la fecha de reembolso programada es elástica
    - desembolso del préstamo entre las 24 horas posteriores a la solicitud
    - un ambiente muy amigable.

    ¿Cómo obtengo un préstamo de HILLTOP?

    Ofrecemos préstamos sin garantía que van desde 3000 a 500000 en USD / EUR / POUND. Se siguen aplicando otras monedas equivalentes. Ahora apúrate y elige el formulario de solicitud para obtener el préstamo deseado para la consolidación de tu departamento, negocios, reparaciones de la casa y cualquier otro asunto relevante.

    correo electrónico: hilltopfinance@protonmail.com

    correo electrónico: hilltopfinancefirm@gmail.com

    whatsapp: +1954 417 1149

    ReplyDelete