Monday, August 11, 2014

"Taco" Animals, 8 x 10", Pastel

"Taco" 8 x 10, Pastel, $150


I used sanded pastel paper to create this fun little painting.  First I did an under painting using ochre and burnt umber pastels and rubbing alcohol to establish the value tones.  I used warm tones for the under painting so that it would give the appearance of an inner glow under the top layers of green, blue and purple hues. I did many layers of soft Rembrandt pastel applied with the side of the stick using a hatching technique on top of this under painting.  I used Krylon workable fixative now and then to keep the layers from melting into each other and did a final pass with very hard pastel pencils to create the busy strokes. I had fun playing with warm and cool tones to create a feeling of light.  Hopefully the end result will cause a feeling of love, inner peace and happiness for the viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment